What to expect
- Each session lasts 60 Minutes. In the first session I will ask for details of your current state of health, any medical conditions and history.
shiatsu handsshiatsu 040shiatsu 038shiatsu 037shiatsu 034DSC_0253shiatsu 027shiatsu 022shiatsu 019shiatsu 015shiatsu 014shiatsu 011shiatsu 012meridianshiatsu 008shiatsu 043shiatsu 006
- You remain fully clothed at all times. The session takes place on a padded mat at floor level, although it is possible to receive Shiatsu seated or on a table.
- Depending on your constitution and general energy levels, I will use a variety of techniques to improve your energy flow. These may include gentle holding, pressing with palms, thumbs, fingers, elbows, knees and feet on the meridians and, when appropriate, more dynamic rotations and stretches
- Following Shiatsu, due to the body’s natural healing process, there can be a feeling of increased vitality and you may feel invigorated yet relaxed. To experience the full benefits you may wish to rest for an hour or two after having received Shiatsu.
Recommendations for receiving Shiatsu
- Please bring or wear loose, warm, comfortable clothing and warm socks. Do not eat heavily prior to treatment.
- Do not drink alcohol before or after treatment. After treatment drink plenty of water to smooth the flow of changes through the system. If at all possible avoid strenuous or stressful activities after your session.