Maruan Fakhuri, LMT, MSW
I’ve more than 20 years experience in bodywork with multi-years in-depth trainings in Shiatsu and PsychoDynamic Body-and Energywork. I’ve been a Shiatsu Teacher with the European Shiatsu Institute since 2006 and continue to offer Shiatsu courses and continuing education for the Ki College Heidelberg and Shiatsu College Dublin.
I’m a registered naturopath for Psychotherapy in Germany and have a degree as Dipl. Sozialpädagoge (FH) (socialworker).
I provide a quality of touch and approach that deeply supports your well-being, addresses “symptoms” which cause discomfort, and opens the space and understanding for you to discover how these may be related to your life situations. It is a process led by giving careful attention to your embodied being, its signals, needs and unique expression.
I specialize in Zen Shiatsu, a Japanese bodywork that addresses the whole body through a system of meridians. My approach connects East and West by connecting meridians and fascia. Depending on your constitution and general energy levels, I will use a variety of techniques to improve your energy flow. These may include gentle holding, pressing with palms, thumbs, fingers, elbows, knees and feet on the meridians and, when appropriate, rotations and stretches to explore the range of motion.
I’m looking forward to working with you!
Training & Education
- Ki College (Germany)
- European Shiatsu Institute (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy)
- Santa Fe School of Massage (USA)
- Dipl. Sozialpädagoge (FH), MSW
- German registered naturopath for Psychotherapy; Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie (HPG)
- Breathwork – Atemarbeit (Herta Richter),
- Silence and Consciousness (Dieter Mittelsten Scheid)
- Seiki Soho (Akinobu and Kyoko Kishi)
- Feldenkrais Methode (Regula Marquardt)
- Ortho Bionomy, Santa Fe, (Christina Montes de Oca)
- Movement Shiatsu, (Bill Palmer and Teresa Hodland), school for experimental education, Bath, UK
- Massage Therapy in the Spa-Setting,
- Meditation and Mindfulness for Bodyworkers, (Sean Murphy)