Maruan Fakhuri, LMT, RMTI-I, MSW
is originally from Munich, Germany, and is a German registered naturopath for Psychotherapy, with his master’s degree in Social Work. He has more than 16 years experience in bodywork with in-depth trainings in Shiatsu Massage and PsychoDynamic Body-and Energywork. He has been a Shiatsu Teacher with the European Shiatsu Institute since 2006 and continues to offer courses in Europe and the U.S. In 2012 he became licensed as a Massage Therapist and in 2015 licensed as Massage Therapy Instructor in New Mexico. He joined the Santa Fe School of Massage program and is offering continuing education classes teaching in the Zen Shiatsu program.
Maruan provides a quality of touch and approach that deeply supports your well-being, addresses “symptoms” which cause discomfort, and opens the space and understanding for you to discover how these may be related to your life situations. It is a process led by giving careful attention to your embodied being, its signals, needs and unique expression.
Maruan specializes in Zen Shiatsu, a Japanese bodywork that addresses the whole body through a system of meridians. His approach connects East and West by connecting meridians and fascia. Shiatsu includes finger, palm, and elbow pressure, holding points, range of motion movements, and meridian stretches to support your self-regulating abilities.
Maruan is looking forward to working with you!
Training & Education
- European Shiatsu Institute
- Santa Fe School of Massage
- Member of the German Shiatsu Society (Gesellschaft für Shiatsu in Deutschland, GSD)
- Dipl. Sozialpädagoge (FH), MSW
- German registered naturopath for Psychotherapy; Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie (HPG)
- LMT # 7480 (Licensed Massage Therapist, New Mexico, U.S.A.)
- RMTI-S # 0537 (Licenced Massage Therapist Instructor-School based, Santa Fe School of Massage, New Mexico, U.S.A)
- RMTI-I # 0559 (Licenced Massage Therapist Instructor- Independent, New Mexico, U.S.A.)
- Breathwork – Atemarbeit (Herta Richter),
- Silence and Conciousness (Dieter Mittelsten Scheid)
- Seiki Soho (Akinobu and Kyoko Kishi)
- Feldenkrais Methode
- Ortho Bionomy, Santa Fe, (Christina Montes de Oca)
- Somatic Polarity, New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe
- Movement Shiatsu, (Bill Palmer and Teresa Hodland), school for experimental education, Bath, UK
- Massage Therapy in the Spa-Setting,
- Meditation and Mindfulness for Bodyworkers, (Sean Murphy)